Go Global Curriculum
Sale price $145.00 Regular price
GO GLOBAL provides you with a beautiful opportunity to delve deep into amazing books and engaging activities in a way that lays a powerful foundation of where kids are at in space (geography) and time (history) that will make future learning come alive!
** Now includes 2 digital downloads for games: Penguin Bingo and Australia Concentration **
- Comprehensive: Covers geography, science, history, world cultures, and literature; everything but phonics/spelling and math for all of your children 8 and under!
- Literature-heavy: hundreds of previewed and high-quality book recommendations. Books unlock the imagination and open up the mind to different worlds. They draw people together relationally as you enjoy captivating books. These books have been vetted based on content, quality of the writing, illustrations and presentation, and worldview/age-appropriate factors.
- Movement-rich: Simple ways to let your children move and solidify understanding and long-term learning. Many of us have kids who love to move! But most curriculum is designed to work in the context of sitting still. Hands-on learning often means a coloring sheet offered, an occasional recipe to bake or flips over into messy craft overdrive. GO GLOBAL embraces a child’s need to move and connects great books, with thought-provoking questions, and then simple experience rich activities that will engage the imagination and propel children into the realm of discovery.
- Easy-to-use: Daily lesson plans, 4 days per week. Each week begins with an overview showing the main themes to focus on. Next comes materials list so you can see at a glance what you might need to collect or confirm that you have at home. This is followed by the book recommendations. There is a primary group that the following activities are based around. These are all currently in-print books that should be at your local library. A secondary book list has more books for those that want to go deeper or find alternative book recommendations.
- Promotes INTELLECTUAL rather than merely ACADEMIC development. The idea of academics focuses on skill building – learning to read, write, and do math. But children are born with a natural curiosity about the world around them and FEEDING that curiosity develops the intellect. Reading great books, talking with our children, and allowing them to experience this world in a hands-on, movement-rich way gives our kids interesting things to think about and is a catalyst to intellectual development and life-long learning.